Monday, October 11, 2010

SUZI: Pay it Forward?

Several days ago I got a cold.  I can usually feel when they're coming on, but this time it seemed to just come out of no where.  It was the classic cold yuck - stuffy nose, sore throat, sneezing and coughing.  I even had a temperature; something I haven't had in a long time.  I was achy all over.  Needless to say, I didn't want to do too much.  I kept suggesting to Cooper, "Hey...let's go sit on the floor and play with those fun blocks again."  I was able to semi-lay down while stacking blocks over and over again.  Cooper was a good sport about it. 

I was really hoping he wouldn't get it too.  I'm not sure how I thought that could even be possible considering he is constantly trying to chew on my hands and touch all over my face.  As much as I tried to keep my hands washed, the inevitable happened.  Cooper spent a day sneezing, and I kept telling myself that surely there was just a lot of dust in the air.  Yea. 

When Cooper is sick he's needy as can be.  He doesn't want to be set down at all.  He wants to sit in your lap while playing; next to you is not close enough.  Sleep is miserable because he wants his pacifier but then rubs his nose because it is stuffy which knocks the pacifier out.  It's a vicious cycle that isn't pretty.

We're both getting better now, and we know that this is just one of those unpleasant parts of life that you have to deal with.  We're hoping we don't pass it on to Scott, who did start sneezing last night.  But of course, he's sneezing because it's just really dusty, right?

No comments: