Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dinner out... Way out.

Last Friday, we had a great time at Robert & Shirley's house. There was such a wide swath of folks from Ethopians to Papua New Gunea... it doesn't hurt that Robert works with UNESCO here in town, so dinner at their place always has a UN flair of nationalities. (Big thanks to Jacob for working the grill in spite of Rejoice's constant commentary!)


It just reminded me of dinner at Chandrani's place several weeks ago (above) I went digging to find a rudimentary clip (below) of the dinner party that I described in our last newsletter. I think that's what I love most about this part of the world. Many of the folks we encounter are far from home and food reminds all of us of the friends & family we've left behind. Sitting around the table in that one-room apartment under the stairs, all of us jabbering in language of laughter... I couldn't help but feel at home.

No comments: