Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving Past... Christmas Future















And the holidays are in mid-spin! Although I have to say, as I'm sure many in this region do, Christmas music is just notes & tempos with the lack of snow and cold. It's been getting in the low 50s where we live in Amman... not exactly icy conditions... But there's hope for January; a few years ago, there was some much snow the city shut down for a couple of days!

We did get turkey & trimmings thanks to Linda Reed & Sandra Marrar... and a real live pecan pie. No kidding... I tried not to rush dinner to get to desert. The fun part was Mylen... she'd never been a part of an American Thanksgiving. It got me thinking about the traditions that we hold so dear. It's amazing that every year, hundreds of millions of us eat the EXACT same food on the EXACT same day. Weird when you think about it (as opposed to comforting and nice, I guess).

Suzi & I moved into the 3rd Circle office/apartment a few weeks ago and have adjusted to the idea of living by ourselves again. It seems it's been awhile since we've had our "own" place and as much as I'd like to think I could live out of a crate, in a tent, I like having my stuff unpacked. We're actually putting up Christmas decorations (thanks to the Reed's!) this week.


Suzi is progressing nicely. That baby bump continues to grow and the goldfish it seems she swallowed keeps brushing its tail against the side of the bowl. There's certainly something cooking in there! A couple of our friends had their babies in the past week (Go Langleys & McChristians!) and Jaime is due in 60 days or so... how does it work that way? It couldn't be the water, we were all drinking different stuff! This weekend, the office storage room will get cleaned out and we'll start setting up a nursery... absolutely amazing.

No comments: