Monday, September 29, 2008

It Rained...

So... On Friday at church there was quite a bit of stir about the possibility of rain.  When we left the house that morning, there was a lot of dust in the sky. I was really concerned about a dust storm and the window I remembered leaving cracked open.  The pic is a view of the city from the hill in our neighborhood.  This is what we see every day when we leave the house!  Normally, that large building in background is clearly visible. 
But when we got out of service, the sky was clear and the temp had dropped considerably.  By the the time we got home, there were beautiful clouds... and that night the smell of rain wafted in the wind.
Saturday afternoon, I was standing in porch doorway and felt the first drops of rain since APRIL!  I stood outside on the back deck overlooking the drive.  I stood under the carport.  I walked around the back sidewalk to check on the trees... I went up on the roof and checked the drains... All the time with this goofy grin on my face.  I'm so happy I got to see it rain!  Check out our site for a webcast coming soon!

No comments: