Monday, August 8, 2011

A little creativity


I don't claim to be a craftsman... but I do fancy a turn about the shop with power tools from time to time.  And I'm a sucker for improvement opportunities when they pop up (which seems to be all the time!).  I've been waiting for a file cabinet for a couple of months at work.  It seems it needed to be custom built to match my space (a lot more on that later...).  So, in the meantime, I've been working out of boxes of files culled from various offices and closets.  One afternoon, while digging through another carton of crazy, I couldn't deal with it any longer.  That night I went home, pulled out some scrap wall brackets, sliced up some excess lumber and voila', a temporary filing system!

Theoretically, my furniture should arrive tomorrow... if so, I'll post more!



No comments: